Friday, June 22, 2012

What avenues of research are going on in Big Pharma?


Recently I have been looking at pharmaceutical companies and the jobs they are posting. I have a strong background in research, and was thinking of changing career paths.

Interesting what I have discovered is that many of the large companies, such as Abbott Laboratories, Pfeizer, and Eli Lily are all focused to a large extent on research where antibodies are used as treatments for disorders and illnesses.  Now coming from an academic research angle, this surprised me. It seems to me that these larger companies are behind the scientific research that is being done these days. In academia, non-coding RNAs (miRNA siRNA, etc), are the focus. In addition to genomic and proteomic global approaches for individualizing treatments.

So, who do you think are the most innovative companies out there?

No comments:

clixsense